Chronic Disease Management
Medical and nursing staff at Canterbury Medical Clinic currrently provide an extensive chronic disease management program.
- Annual cycle of care plans for diabetic patients.
- GP Management plans for patients with complex medical conditions.
- Team Care Arrangements for patients with complex medical conditions to provide eligibility for Enhanced Primary Care referrals ( EPC ) to paramedical workers, including podiatrists, physiotherapists and others. This provides eligibility for Medicare rebates for these services, thus costing our patients much less.
- Mental Health Care Plans for patients with mental health needs, which provides eligibility for Medicare rebates for psychology consultations.
- Asthma Action Plans for patients with asthma, and cycle of care plans for those with unstable or severe asthma